The property at Basilikaplatz 5 in Waldsassen has been owned by the Pirkl family since 1977
and can look back on a remarkable historical development.
the house is likely to have originated as an “office clerk”.
the house goes up in flames when the Swedes invade.
The newly established Waldsassen Monastery takes over the building from the Palatinate era.
the building is rebuilt and used as a wagon and locksmith’s shop during the monastery period.
secularization also affected the monastery, and the property passed to the Bavarian state.
the Bavarian state uses the building as a “Forstamtskanzley”, from 1855 as a district forester’s seat.
the building is called the “Forstassessorhaus”.
After the Second World War, the roof was expanded due to the influx of displaced persons and the building was used as a residential building.
The Free State of Bavaria Forest Administration sells the house. The district forester’s residence remains in the house until 1969.
The property becomes the property of the town of Waldsassen, which leases it to Mr Pirkl, who is building a specialist glass shop on the ground floor.
the “Ratsstüberl” cafe opens.
In the years that followed, the house was gradually expanded to become a hotel in its current size.
Mr. Hans Pirkl acquires the property from the city of Waldsassen.
Son Klaus and his wife Stania take over.